Cybersecurity Trends You Need to Know
October 7, 2021 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm HST| Free
The world of cybersecurity can change in a nanosecond. In recognition of October as National Cybersecurity Awareness Month, CBTS Hawaiian Telcom is offering a free educational virtual event for businesses to share the trends that our local experts are seeing and what businesses need to know to protect themselves.
“Our team is passionate about bringing people together and offering training and education to help them understand how to leverage technology to their best advantage,” said Marcus Yano, Executive Director – Architecture and Cloud Services who will be kicking off the event. “Keeping up to date with what’s happening and with the available technology is a critical first step, especially in cybersecurity.”
The virtual event, which will take place on Thursday, October 7, from 10:30 to 12 noon, will feature a general session led by Evan Horton, Senior Manager – Network Security Operations at Hawaiian Telcom. The general session will be followed by a choice of two workshops:
- What is Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) and How to Prepare for it led by Jordan Silva, Senior Manager – Service Delivery
- Protecting Your Business Against Cyber Attacks led by Marc Masuno, Director – Professional Services and Cloud Architecture, and Michael Taratko, Principal Architect – Security
Topics for Discussion Include:
- Top ways cyber criminals are infiltrating businesses
- Up-to-date tips on defending against cyber attacks
- CMMC – new DoD compliance framework – what it is and how to get it started.