FilAm Entrepreneurial Journeys and Dreams
Friday, October 27 @ 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm HST| Free
Join us for “Entre-Pinoy-Ship Live: Stories of FilAm Entrepreneurial Journeys and Dreams,” a captivating panel discussion that celebrates the inspiring journeys and dreams of Filipino-American entrepreneurs. Presented in partnership with the UHM Center for Philippine Studies, this event promises to be an engaging exploration of entrepreneurial success, challenges, and the rich cultural tapestry of the Filipino-American experience.
Meet our esteemed panelists:
- Karlo Tanjuakio, CEO & Founder of GLSS + Kure: Karlo is a visionary Filipino entrepreneur, recognized eight times for leading one of the fastest-growing companies in the U.S. (Inc. 500, Inc. 5000, FT 500, Hawaii’s Fastest 50). He is passionate about integrating design and value to drive success and is dedicated to sharing his expertise to empower future generations.
- Kit Furukawa, Co-Owner of Maui Chili Oil + KZP: Kit is a multifaceted entrepreneur who juggles various roles and priorities, from operating Mystery Maui Escape Room to selling premium products like Maui Chili Chili Oil and running a marketing consultancy firm. Her contributions to the Filipino-American community have earned her accolades, including the Advocate for Minorities Award and the Young Filipino Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
- Lalaine Ignao, Co-Owner & CEO of Sama Sama: Lalaine’s inspiring journey from writing for TheFil-Am Courier to becoming a Young Filipino Entrepreneur of the Year awardee showcases her commitment to uplifting the Filipino community and culture through her businesses and media endeavors.
- Dr. Pia Arboleda, Director of the Center of Philippine Studies
- Dr. Constancio Paranal, Audience Correspondent
Don’t miss this opportunity to hear firsthand stories of resilience, innovation, and cultural pride from these remarkable FilAm entrepreneurs. Join us on October 27th for Entre-Pinoy-Ship Live, where dreams take flight and entrepreneurship knows no bounds!