Game-Playing AI with Deep Reinforcement Learning
Wednesday, November 1 @ 9:30 pm - 11:30 pm HST
**Event changed to November 2nd since the time conflicts with another event scheduled by the Hub**
**To get the most out of this workshop, you will need to bring a laptop that can access a browser. We try to cater to all experience levels, but please be aware that you will get the most out of these sessions if you meet the prerequisites!**
Dive into the fascinating world of artificial intelligence and discover how to teach machines to play games! In this hands-on workshop, participants will learn the foundational concepts and techniques behind reinforcement learning (RL) and how it can be applied to create intelligent game-playing agents.
1. **Foundational Knowledge**: Understand the core principles of reinforcement learning, including agents, environments, rewards, and policies.
2. **Game Dynamics**: Learn how games can be framed as RL problems and the challenges and opportunities this presents.
3. **Hands-on Experience**: Implement and train a basic RL agent to play a popular game, observing its learning process in real-time.
4. **Advanced Techniques**: Delve into state-of-the-art algorithms and strategies that enhance the performance and efficiency of game-playing agents.
* **Interactive Sessions**: Engage in lively discussions and brainstorming sessions with fellow participants and expert facilitators.
* **Live Demonstrations**: Witness the power of reinforcement learning as AI agents evolve and adapt to game challenges right before your eyes.
* **Hands-on Coding**: Get your hands dirty with guided coding sessions, building and refining your very own game-playing AI.
**Who Should Attend?**
* Developers looking to expand their knowledge in reinforcement learning.
* Educators and students keen on understanding the application of reinforcement learning.
* Professionals aiming to stay updated with the latest in AI advancements.
Basic knowledge of programming (preferably in Python) and a general understanding of AI concepts will be beneficial. I also recommend a base knowledge of probability, calculus, and high school algebra.
Join us for this immersive experience and unlock the potential of AI in gaming. Whether you’re a seasoned developer or an AI novice, this workshop promises a blend of theory, practice, and fun!